Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another busy day of shopping!

As I downloaded my pics today I realized I had "dim light setting" on my camera for most of the day. So we have only a few pictures to share today.

I started the day running into the one and only Mark Lipinski. (quilt media mogul, personality, a.k.a. the quilt god) . He blogspotted us the other day! HA! After a fun chat I rushed off to my appointment to buy his upcoming fabric line "krakow" from Northcott. As a note of clarification - his lecture the other day would not have made a truck driver blush, just my mother. :-) She would have thought it was entertaining nonetheless.




Lots of fun finds today at Northcott! Trick or Treat Street for Halloween 2009 (okay okay my weakness is Halloween).



The Sisterhood of Quilting which is a a fun Quiltie Lady find. Jody Haughton is the artist and has teamed up with Mattie from QuiltSmart for a great quilt!



Speaking of QuiltSmart, we have some great finds to share with you. Caren has been teaching the QS Lonestar for months now, however that is just the beginning. I have a sampling of products to share with you when I return. The apple core pattern and tumbling blocks are my favorite new discoveries.

I also love the fact that they have some great new product packaging and standalone instructions to match up with additional bolt yardage.




I finally had my appointment to order the "Fish Lips" from the Kaffe Collective at Westminster. The polka dot on the left is a different print from the collection.

New from Quilting Treasures - the new installment of Wizard of Oz is on it's way and I Love Lucy will be making it's way into the quilting world as well. Lucy's Chocolate Factory is absolutely spectacular! They have coordinated a new Lucy's Chocolate Factory chocolate line from Rocky Mountain Chocolates as well. I got a WHOLE bar to sample today. OMG - it was so yummy - no skimping on quality there. I have a great Lucy apron as one of our doorprizes on Friday.

I got to meet Keri Beyer from In the Beginning. I got some flair - real flair - I LOVE flair! She has a cool new "rocket scientist" line. I wish I lived in a dorm again! Girls can be Rocket Scientists - WE CAN!! WE CAN!!

I have a final day tomorrow. I still have more to share. If you are local make sure you sign up to come in on Friday night for our Post-Market Review.

Happy Quilting!

Julie

No comments: