Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 2 on the trade show floor.

An early breakfast in the hotel, a merchandising session with Mark Dunn, President of Moda, before the show - we start the morning running at 9 a.m. at the Moda Booth. (I think I need more coffee)Sooo many pretty lines. I shop for the Moda U lines through November! :-) I was treated to the delightful ginger snaps we serve at our Moda U club at my appointment. However I must be careful to not start the sugar rush too early!




11 a.m. - time to run over to Timeless Treasures. Much to my surprise our favorite hot designers from Blue Underground have teamed with Timeless Tonga Batiks for a great quilt program. SOOO of course we had to order that program! Black, white and yellow are the latest hot twist on Black & White. Taxi (or as I like to call it "Yellow Pages") will debut early this fall... it is stunning!








At noon, I hit Benartex. For those of you who liked Baby Genius... Baby Genius Grows Up! The great educational brights have a sequel. Black and White are HOT this spring!





Not too many pictures this afternoon as I was on a speed mission...


Island Batik, Clothworks, Andover, Michael Miller.


As we are relaxing in our room tonight - much is going on in the city of Portland. Our hotel is hosting a local high school prom and the Presidential candidates are floating around town! All in all a very eventful night!



I must get a good nights rest.. only one more day. Tomorrow the focus shifts from fabric to pattern and books. I have already found a few really cool things. However I have a HUGE to do list... wish me luck!

No comments: