Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wednesday, May 14, 2008


It’s Wednesday in Portland. Today is the day before festivities begin at the Lloyd Convention Center. Walking the streets downtown you run into quilters from all over the world. Everyone is so friendly! I am rooming with Rosemary from Bigsby’s and we have hit the famous Button Emporium. Vintage and new buttons, ribbons and trims. So many yummy things! I HAD to get some Halloween trims and buttons. I still have no clue what I will do with them but I had to pick them up!





Next we traveled to this decadent coffee and chocolate shop. We indulged in a Mexican Mocha to hold us over until dinner. Fresh cinnamon and nutmeg dancing with the chocolate caffeinated concoction hit the spot.



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Julie!
Thanks for sharing! What a great idea to blog about your trip! I hope you continue once you get back home, because it is always so good to see you!

Have fun in Portland! Please don't worry about the 'Miss-Chievious Quiltie Ladies' while you are away. I'm SURE they will be on their BEST behavior.(Tee hee!)

Hope to see you soon, as nice weather finally arrives, and Louie and I go for a nice motorcycle ride!

Michelle

Jen said...

WOW! A Julie blog!!

O M G, I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO make the Lunn Studios diagonal quilt. It's MY KIND of insane! LOVE IT!! I beyond love it. I think I'll be clicking back to this picture many times today. Tell me we're getting some of this fabric!

Chocolate Cafe? Giggle...did you stop out front with your jaw dropped before going in. I bet it just called your name. =)

Oh, I just can't wait to see what other trouble you get into there!

Jen said...

Oh and...did you notice that I said I loved something...um, ah, ORANGE??